- Food8 August, 2022Fastest food prices drop since 2008: nearly 10 %
Global food prices have taken a corrective hit after skyrocketing in the past years: in July, prices took their largest tumble since 2008, even though it was already the fifth consecutive monthly decline. Still, much uncertainty remains.
- Fashion5 August, 2022Zalando remains confident despite turnover drop
The pandemic is unexpectedly influencing Zalando’s results: as the bar was set so high last year due to online sales profiting from the lockdowns, doing even better this year was out of the question. The German fashion webshop did manage to attract more customers, but they filled their baskets less…
- Fashion2 August, 2022Suffering Casino sells energy branch and e-tailer Sarenza
Despite rising sales and the return of tourists, French supermarket group Casino saw its net losses continue and debts grow even further. The company is therefore selling its energy company GreenYellow and e-tailer Sarenza.
- Fashion26 July, 2022LVMH-king Bernard Arnault prepares succession
The king of luxury, Bernard Arnault, is preparing his succession as majority shareholder and CEO of French conglomerate LVMH. His five children will have to have some patience, however, as the 73-year old billionaire is not going anywhere soon.
- Food1 August, 2022Premium beer boost lifts Heineken over pandemic
Dutch brewery group Heineken has surpassed 2019 (pre-pandemic) levels in its latest semester. Consumers are going to bars again, its CEO said, but the group feels forced to lower profit forecasts as costs are eating away at its margins.
- Aldi to open hundreds of stores in China
China is one of the most interesting markets for Aldi, and the chain has now unveiled very ambitious plans to tap into the East Coast market. Aldi Süd wants to open hundreds of shops in Shanghai alone and is already looking at expanding to the next city.