- [In depth] “Belgian consumer increasingly unlikely to make distinction between major supermarkets”
- Galeria looks for new owner after Signa collapseGeneral30 November, 2023
German department store chain Galeria is looking for a new owner now that Austrian parent company Signa Holding has collapsed. The chain, which also owns Belgian Inno, hopes to come away from its current owner’s financial predicaments unscathed.
- “Alibaba should adapt to the success of Temu”
Temu is China’s new star: that much is clear after a record quarter for parent company PDD. After nearly doubling its sales, the group is even receiving praise from Alibaba founder Jack Ma: he says ‘his’ company should take note of Temu’s example.
- Sustainable denim in Europe: this is how C&A does itFashion28 September, 2023
- Second-hand sales eat away at online fashion retailersFashion15 September, 2023
- How IKEA lowers prices and still maintains marginsHome9 November, 2023
- Investigation into abuse of power by Coca-Cola in GermanyFood15 November, 2023
- [Interview] Plant-based meat for carnivores: Redefine Meat steps into retailFood29 November, 2023
Redefine Meat, producer of plant-based products for carnivores, is moving from the on-trade to retail: in the Benelux, the brand will now be available at Crisp and Albert Heijn online. “We are going to beat the cow,” says top executive Edwin Bark.
- New Belgian CEO for major investment fund in food and fashionFashion23 November, 2023
Joachim Creus has been appointed the new CEO of investment firm JAB Holding Company. That billion-dollar holding company is a major shareholder in food, fashion and beauty groups such as Keurig Dr Pepper and JDE Peet’s
- [In depth] Why customers gave Delhaize’s brand positioning an uppercut
Franchisees of Belgian supermarket chain Delhaize face a very tough task, as their brand has badly been damaged in terms of differentiation, brand identity and price-quality perception, an analysis by WPP Belgium shows.