Takeaway.com buys Just Eat

Takeaway.com buys Just Eat

Dutch Takeaway.com, known as Pizza.be in Belgium, has acquired Just Eat's Belgian and Dutch operations for 22.5 million euro.

 

Expand market share

The company seeks to expand its market share even further and increase the number of restaurants it collaborates with thanks to this acquisition. "Customers will now have a wider range of restaurants, while the restaurants will be able to reach even more people with their meals", a press release states.

 

On a monthly basis, both companies will handle 2 million orders in Belgium and the Netherlands. 80 % of the acquisition fee will be paid instantly, while the remaining 20 % will only be paid once certain targets are met. 

 

Just Eat has decided to sell its Belgian and Dutch activities, because it is not a market leader in the region. The company feels that is necessary in a highly competitive market and has therefore decided to turn its attention to 12 other markets.