HAK obtains majority in German distributor foodeko | RetailDetail

HAK obtains majority in German distributor foodeko

HAK obtains majority in German distributor foodeko

Vegetable manufacturer HAK acquired a 51 % stake in German distributor foodeko. It has long since worked with the company and now hopes to strengthen its German position and grow its sales.

Double turnover

foodeko has distributed HAK’s products in Germany since 2013. The company has a 19 million euro turnover and also distributes goods for De Ruijter, Morato and Heinz Sandwich spread among others.

 

Every one of foodeko’s staff and every non-HAK related activities will now be moved to a new joint venture called HAK-foodeko. HAK will own 51 % of shares and general manager Jens Wohlrab, one of the company’s founders, owns the remaining 49 %. The goal is to double turnover in the next five years.

 

HAK also acquired vegetable specialist Halder Grootverbruik earlier this year, a vegetable processor and a professional kitchen supplier for care institutions and restaurant chains.

Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact the editors


Gerelateerde items

Discounters' major opportunities for growth in Western Europe

16/07/2018

Despite the multitude of stores in most European markets, discounters plan to open up to ten million square metres of store surface in five years' time. Even in so-called saturated markets they still see a lot of chances for growth, LZ Retailytics says.

Contamination bites huge chunks of Greenyard's value

16/07/2018

Vegetable producer Greenyard is under attack after a listeria contamination in its Hungarian factory. The company says to have taken all necessary measures, but the share price plummets.

Adidas wants to strengthen bond with small retailers

15/07/2018

German sportswear giant Adidas says it wants to strengthen its bond with small-scale retailers after they claimed Adidas is too aggressive in pushing its web shop, especially as they feel the brand is favouring large international chains as well.

Starbucks dumps plastic straws worldwide

12/07/2018

American coffee company Starbucks will ban plastic straws in their stores starting from 2020. A small step for coffee enthusiasts, but a big step for the environment, as the coffee giant uses about a billion straws every year.

AB InBev joins forces with Efes in Russia

12/07/2018

In order to counter the decline of their success on the Russian market, Belgian beer giant AB InBev has placed its activities in Russia in a joint venture with Turkish Anadolu Efes.

Jumbo appoints new head of Belgian branch

11/07/2018

Dutch Jumbo Groep Holding has made a management reshuffle, with Peter Isaac becoming the new managing director of the group's Belgian branch. Bart van den Nieuwenhof meanwhile is set to leave the group's restaurant chain La Place.