Vente-Privee obtains majority stake in Vente-Exclusive | RetailDetail

Vente-Privee obtains majority stake in Vente-Exclusive

Vente-Privee obtains majority stake in Vente-Exclusive

Online retailer Vente-exclusive.com, market leader when it comes to exclusive member sales in the Benelux, has entered an alliance with Europe's market leader, vente-privee.com. The Belgian company is now largely owned by its bigger French competitor.

Larger product range and international growth

Vente-privee now controls 50.1 % of the Belgian company, with the remaining 49.9 % belonging to the Belgian shareholders of Vente-exclusive. Despite Vente-privee's majority, Vente-exclusive will be able to operate autonomously: the goal is to expand its product range and break through even further internationally. Vente-privee's advantage is that this deal broadens its reach in Northern Europe.

 

"It is a unique experience and an honor to collaborate with this industry's pioneer", Vente-exclusive.com's founders Stefan Tournoy and Léon Seynave said. "An alliance with Europe's market leader is unique and allows us to speed up our growth by adding new product ranges to our web shop. We will be able to present our members with an increasing number of brands, based on the same customer-focused service our members have received since the beginning."

Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact the editors


Microsoft builds competitor for Amazon Go

14/06/2018

Microsoft is working on its own technology that should render checkouts in stores obsolete. The American company says it wants to be an ally for the retail sector, mostly in its struggle against Amazon Go.

Amazon bans customers who return too much

24/05/2018

Amazon is putting a stop to customers that return too many items or that “misbehave” according to the retailer: whoever crosses the line, will be banned. Dozens of customers have taken to social media to complain about this unilateral account removal.

LVMH invests millions in fashion search engine Lyst

24/05/2018

French luxury group LVMH, led by Bernard Arnault, will invest millions of dollars in Lyst once again. The luxury fashion search engine wants to expand its global expansion this way.

Amazon now delivers packages to car trunks

25/04/2018

From now on, Amazon delivers orders to the trunk of your car. The retail and technology giant has given its Prime subscribers access to get packaged delivered to the trunk of their car, without any additional costs. The service is currently limited to the United States.

Dutch Beate Uhse division not bankrupt after all

05/04/2018

German Beate Uhse’s Dutch subsidiary has not gone bankrupt after all and will continue its activities in both Belgium and the Netherlands. The company revealed the information itself after bankruptcy rumours surfaced.

Amazon often cheaper than Dutch competitors

03/04/2018

Products that are available on both Dutch web shops and Amazon.de, are cheaper at Amazon in about half the cases. Not only do Dutch stores compete with Amazon.de, which ships to the Netherlands, but there are also rumours that Amazon.nl and Amazon.be will soon become more active.