British Tesco signed a deal with Migros Ticaret, selling its 95.5 % stake in the Kipa chain. It will only get 30 million pounds (38 million euro) for the transaction however.
» Read more
Chinese Qingdao Haier and American General Electric have officially signed the agreement regarding the sale of GE Appliances, with day-to-day operations still in the hands of the current management team.
» Read more
Chinese retailer Suning Holdings Group acquired a majority stake in Italian football club Inter Milan. It now owns 68.55 % of all shares, while Indonesian business man Erick Thohir holds onto 31 % of all shares.
Beter Bed Holding announced it has acquired its Swedish competitor Sängjätten for an undisclosed fee. It feels this acquisition is the ideal way to rapidly expand in Scandinavia.
7Commerce, German media company ProSiebenSat.1's investment branch, has acquired online fashion start-up Stylight's shares. Previously, it acquired 22 % of shares, but it has moved to acquire the remaining 78 %.
Darty's board has asked its shareholders to accept Fnac's acquisition bid, which will put an end to any possible courting Darty may still receive from other parties.
Unilever, Henkel and L’Oréal have all tabled a bid for shampoo manufacturer Vogue International, valued by some sources at 2.5 to 3 billion dollars (2.2 to 2.7 billion euro).
Dutch food manufacturer Wessanen has acquired French bio coffee manufacturer IneoBio, mainly known for its Destination brand.
Dutch brewer Bavaria has acquired its Belgian competitor Palm for an undisclosed amount. At first, it will only buy a 60 % stake in the company, but over the next five years, it will expand that stake into the full 100 % of shares.
JAB, the German Reimann family's investment fund and particularly well-known in the coffee industry, has paid 1.35 billion dollars (1.2 billion euro) to acquire American donut chain Krispy Kreme.
French Group Casino has sold its Big C Vietnam to Central Group from Thailand for one billion dollars, in an attempt to lower its overall debt.
French book and cd seller Fnac has increased its bid for electronics chain Darty in an attempt to ward of competitor Steinhoff.
Dutch beer brand Grolsch is now the property of Japanese beer brewer Asahi, which also purchased Peroni and Meantime. Owner SABMiller had to sell these brands to enable the merger with AB InBev.
Vente-privee.com has acquired Spanish Privalia and now also has a majority stake in Swiss Eboutic.ch, further solidifying its European position.
Chinese Alibaba paid almost 880 million euro to get a majority stake in Lazada, the fastest growing online department store in Southeast Asia founded by Rocket Internet.
Qatari owned Italian fashion label Valentino has bid 500 million euro to acquire French competitor Balmain. The French brand had been looking for a new owner after its former owner passed away.