Willem Haitink new O'Neill CEO

Dutchman Willem Haitink will become O'Neill's new CEO on 1 September. He will succeed Jan Valdmaa, the Swede who led the Californian surfers' brand for the last two years.

 

Mutual enthusiasm

“Willem is well respected in the industry and we are confident that he will fit in with O’Neill very quickly.”, says Ronald de Waal, owner of WE International – the group O'Neill is part of since 2007. “With his quality and experience he is the right fit to propel O’Neill growth on a global scale, where we aim to become the preferred international brand in our industry over the coming years.”

 

Haitink is equally enthusiastic about his new employer: “I am thrilled to be working for a brand with such a rich history,” he said, “and I look forward to spearheading the growth of O’Neill globally and bringing the brand closer to consumers around the world in a manner which fits the authenticity of the brand,” he said.”

 

World trip for Nike/Converse

Haitink has worked at Nike for 16 years, in the US, Canada, Mexico and China. In the latter he made the company the market leader, led the company's team at the Olympic games in Peking and strengthened customer relations. His current occupation is managing Converse Europe, Middle-East and Africa after Nike acquired the legendary sneaker brand in 2003.

Dutchman Willem Haitink will become O'Neill's new CEO on 1 September. He will succeed Jan Valdmaa, the Swede who led the Californian surfers' brand for the last two years.

 

Mutual enthusiasm

“Willem is well respected in the industry and we are confident that he will fit in with O’Neill very quickly.”, says Ronald de Waal, owner of WE International – the group O'Neill is part of since 2007. “With his quality and experience he is the right fit to propel O’Neill growth on a global scale, where we aim to become the preferred international brand in our industry over the coming years.”

 

Haitink is equally enthusiastic about his new employer: “I am thrilled to be working for a brand with such a rich history,” he said, “and I look forward to spearheading the growth of O’Neill globally and bringing the brand closer to consumers around the world in a manner which fits the authenticity of the brand,” he said.”

 

World trip for Nike/Converse

Haitink has worked at Nike for 16 years, in the US, Canada, Mexico and China. In the latter he made the company the market leader, led the company's team at the Olympic games in Peking and strengthened customer relations. His current occupation is managing Converse Europe, Middle-East and Africa after Nike acquired the legendary sneaker brand in 2003.

Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact the editors


Ikea considers separate restaurants

24/04/2017

Ikea restaurants’ increasing popularity has empowered the chain’s idea to create restaurants away from their traditional location, inside a furniture store. Ikea Food is one of the Swedish group’s fastest growing divisions.

Danone has to deal with lower volumes

21/04/2017

Food company Danone’s turnover grew 3 % in 2017’s first quarter, but volumes did drop 2.6 % with disappointing dairy products’ sales.

Belgian Konings acquires Bacardi's French factory

21/04/2017

Liquor manufacturer Konings acquired a factory from its competitor Bacardi-Martini. Located in Beaucaire, the factory and all of its 72 employees will transfer to Konings on 1 January.

Nestlé's turnover impacted by divestments

20/04/2017

Nestlé has lifted its first quarter turnover by 0.4 % to 21 billion Swiss francs (19.6 billion euro). It did achieve a 2.3 % autonomous growth, but exchange rate fluctuations and divestments had a sizeable impact.

Asian sales help Rémy Cointreau grow 4 %

19/04/2017

Liquor manufacturer Rémy Cointreau’s turnover grew 4.2 % to 1.09 billion euro in its latest fiscal year (which ended on 31 March). Organically, it even achieved a 4.7 % growth.

New owner for Weetabix

19/04/2017

Chinese Bright Food sold cereal manufacturer Weetabix to American Post Holdings, which will now obtain 60 % of the company. The remaining 40 % are in the hands of Chinese investment firm Baring Private Equity Asia.

Back to top