Miko strikes German partnership with Qusotic | RetailDetail

Miko strikes German partnership with Qusotic

Miko strikes German partnership with Qusotic

Coffee service and synthetic material expert, Miko, will collaborate with German Qusotic through its German subsidiary Miko Kaffee. Together, they will become Miko Germany.

"Geographic synergy"

Miko will own a 75 % stake in Miko Germany, while the other 25 % will go to Qusotic' former owners. Miko expects to get a better German overall coverage thanks to this deal.

 

"This partnership is perfect on three levels: our own Miko Kaffee is located in the Ruhr area, which means it is mostly active in the Northern part of Germany, while Qusotic has its main office in Bavaria and therefore has a Southern focus. That way, both companies have a geographic synergy. Qusotic already has a 1,000-strong client base, a nice addition to the large volumes we already offer thanks to our strategic partners. We also feel the trendy "Sneky ice drinks" brand offers plenty of growth potential", Miko CEO, Frans Van Tilborg, says.

 

Miko is not only present in Germany and Belgium, but is also active in the Netherlands, France, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway.

Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact the editors


Adidas wants to strengthen bond with small retailers

15/07/2018

German sportswear giant Adidas says it wants to strengthen its bond with small-scale retailers after they claimed Adidas is too aggressive in pushing its web shop, especially as they feel the brand is favouring large international chains as well.

Several candidates to take over Men at Work

12/07/2018

There are several takeover candidates for both the Dutch and the Belgian stores of the bankrupt clothing chain Men at work. The curator is confident an agreement should be reached today in Belgium.

Burberry sales increases thanks to new strategy

11/07/2018

The new strategy of the British fashion brand Burberry starts to render: the company had a 3% increase of revenue in their own stores last quarter. In total, Burberry has now a revenue of 479 million pounds (520 million euros).

FNG moves to Brussels stock exchange

06/07/2018

Belgian fashion group FNG has collected 60 million euros by issuing new shares. The new shares will be traded on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange and - for the first time - on the Brussels Stock Exchange as well.

Athleteshop ends its run

02/07/2018

Dutch sports web shop Athleteshop has filed for bankruptcy, after an abysmal year in which strings of complaints led to all sorts of problems. Social media and review sites were flooded with customers complaining about late deliveries.

Alibaba goes Turkish with stake in Trendyol

29/06/2018

Alibaba is the new strategic partner of Trendyol, one of the best-known e-commerce companies in Turkey. With this partnership, the Chinese retailgroup strengthens its presence in Europe.