Lavazza wants to buy Douwe Egberts' L'Or brand | RetailDetail

Lavazza wants to buy Douwe Egberts' L'Or brand

Lavazza wants to buy Douwe Egberts' L'Or brand

Italian coffee brand Lavazza is allegedly interested to buy the L'Or brand from DE Master Blenders. An official bid should be lodged in November, but there may be others who will step in.


L'Or and Grand Mere have been put up for sale following the merger between DE Master Blenders and Mondelez' coffee branch. Both brands have to be sold in order to avoid market domination for the newly-merged company. The sale should bring in 400 to 500 million euro.


Lavazza is apparently not the only interested party, as Israeli Strauss Group and investment groups BC Partners, Cinven, CD&R and Pai Partners are also looking at a possible purchase.


The Reiman family will own 51 % of the new company, called Jacobs Douwe Egberts, while Mondelez will have the remaining 49 %. 

Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact the editors

H&M opens web shop on Tmall


Swedish H&M has opened a web shop on Chinese platform Tmall. The company has been through a difficult year with a turnover drop, and the cooperation with Alibaba's platform is a first step following its new strategy that focuses more on online sales.

Guess' turnover grows, but company suffers loss


Fashion company Guess has managed to boost its turnover in 2017, but it did suffer a near 8 million dollar loss compared to the nearly 25 million dollar profit from 2016.

C&A expands web shop to 11 new countries


C&A has introduced its webshop to another eleven countries, instantly more than doubling the range of its online activities. Denmark, Finland, Greece and Sweden are completely new markets, where the chain doesn't have physical stores yet.

New Esprit CEO hails from New Look


Fashion chain Esprit will get a new CEO: Jose Manuel Martínez will leave the company and pass on the baton to Anders Kristiansen. New Look’s former CEO has to bring growth to Esprit, particularly through ambitious plans for China.

Dior exchanges Belgian CFO for British one


After eleven years as Dior Homme’s Chief Creative Officer, Belgian Kris Van Assche is to leave the fashion label to find new challenges. British designer Kim Jones will replace him.

Suitcase brand Rimowa cancels all dealer contracts


Suitcase brand Rimowa, part of luxury group LVMH since 2016, has stopped all of its dealer contracts. It wants to initiate a new procedure soon and only a fraction of the current dealers will get a new contract.

Back to top