Hamburger chain Quick seeks new owner | RetailDetail

Hamburger chain Quick seeks new owner

Hamburger chain Quick seeks new owner

Investment fund Qualium is looking for an interested buyer for its fast food chain Quick. It has already asked business banks Goldman Sachs and Rothschild to guide the sale of its Belgian chain of hamburger restaurants.

Asking price: 800 million euro

Five different parties are apparently interested in the chain, mainly investment funds, who have already looked into Quick's financials as well. It may even be the case that Burger King buys the Belgian chain, which would give it an instant access to the Belgian market.

 

Quick currently has 498 restaurants: 379 in France and 99 in Belgium, with 80 % of those run by franchisees. Its 2014 turnover reached 1.03 billion euro.

 

Owner Qualium, Quick's majority shareholder since 2006, is part of the French state holding Caisse des Dépots et Consignations. Back then, it purchased a 94 % stake for 730 million, while management controls the remaining 6 %.

 

It is not the first time Quick has been put for sale. Five years ago, interested parties stumbled over the 1 billion euro asking price. This time around, the owner seeks payment of some 800 million euro.

Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact the editors


Adidas wants to strengthen bond with small retailers

15/07/2018

German sportswear giant Adidas says it wants to strengthen its bond with small-scale retailers after they claimed Adidas is too aggressive in pushing its web shop, especially as they feel the brand is favouring large international chains as well.

Several candidates to take over Men at Work

12/07/2018

There are several takeover candidates for both the Dutch and the Belgian stores of the bankrupt clothing chain Men at work. The curator is confident an agreement should be reached today in Belgium.

Burberry sales increases thanks to new strategy

11/07/2018

The new strategy of the British fashion brand Burberry starts to render: the company had a 3% increase of revenue in their own stores last quarter. In total, Burberry has now a revenue of 479 million pounds (520 million euros).

FNG moves to Brussels stock exchange

06/07/2018

Belgian fashion group FNG has collected 60 million euros by issuing new shares. The new shares will be traded on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange and - for the first time - on the Brussels Stock Exchange as well.

Athleteshop ends its run

02/07/2018

Dutch sports web shop Athleteshop has filed for bankruptcy, after an abysmal year in which strings of complaints led to all sorts of problems. Social media and review sites were flooded with customers complaining about late deliveries.

Alibaba goes Turkish with stake in Trendyol

29/06/2018

Alibaba is the new strategic partner of Trendyol, one of the best-known e-commerce companies in Turkey. With this partnership, the Chinese retailgroup strengthens its presence in Europe.