Delhaize will meet labour unions tomorrow regarding Ahold merger | RetailDetail

Delhaize will meet labour unions tomorrow regarding Ahold merger

Delhaize will meet labour unions tomorrow regarding Ahold merger

Delhaize will bring together all labour unions tomorrow morning for an extraordinary Employees Council, which will probably elaborate on the impending merger with Dutch Ahold.

Dick Boer (Ahold) to become CEO?

The extraordinary Employees Council will start tomorrow morning at 7h30, but the labour unions are not in favour of the Ahold merger as they fear the staff will face the negative outcome of such a deal. Delhaize has already undergone a series of restructuring plans, cutting 1,800 jobs along the way.

 

Delhaize and Ahold have been in merger talks for a while and are in the final straight towards a deal. According to several sources, Ahold would get 60 % of shares in the new company, while Delhaize would get the remaining 40 %. Ahold's CEO, Dick Boer, would become the overall CEO, while Delhaize's CEO, Frans Muller, will be charged with the smooth transition.

 

Mats Jason, Delhaize's chairman, would keep the position of chairman in the new company, with Jeff Carr as his Chief Financial Officer, the position he now has at Ahold.

 

Sources believe the merger will be finalized this week, which means that shareholders will have to approve the deal after that. Ahold has issued a press release, asking everyone to remain calm and acknowledging that the talks are in a final phase, but not finished yet.

Questions or comments? Please feel free to contact the editors


Komono wants to reach 10 physical stores this year

17/05/2018

Belgian accessory label Komono wants to double its number of physical stores to ten this year. “The stores are important to tell our story”, Anton Janssens and Raf Maes told De Standaard.

Suitsupply suffers losses because of expansion

15/05/2018

Dutch Suitsupply has experienced a decent turnover growth last year, but its net result tumbled below zero because of its huge investments. Nevertheless, that is the only way forward according to its founder, whose focus is still fixed on the United States.

Starting this Friday, Belgium has its own national e-commerce event

15/05/2018

Move over, Black Friday! This week, Belgium launches its own national e-commerce event as Jack & Jones, Kiabi, La Redoute, Sarenza, Tape à l'Oeil and Veritas organise the first Belgian Friday.

H&M is turning to algorithms to boost sales again

14/05/2018

In an effort to reverse the decline in its worldwide sales, H&M is using technology that will help the world’s largest clothing brand stock its stores more efficiently, sell more effectively and adapt more quickly to current consumer trends.

Zalando's profit wiped away in first quarter

08/05/2018

German online retailer Zalando saw its first quarter profit completely wiped away: last year's 5.1 million euro net profit turned into a 15 million euro loss. Turnover grew 22 %, investments being the cause for both.

Strong online growth for Hugo Boss

03/05/2018

German fashion brand Hugo Boss managed growth in every region in the first quarter. Group turnover grew 5 % to 650 million euro, partially thanks to strong web shop sales.