Looking back at the most popular topics of 2019, we are reminded what an interesting retail year it was… Keep following us in 2020 for more European retail news!
1. Amazon destroys millions of unsold products
2. Strong growth rate affects Lidl's profits
3. Whole Foods expands to Continental Europe
4. Aldi challenger has to close shop after five days
5. "Only eat meat once a week", says new report
6. Walmart has Plan B if Asda-Sainsbury's merger falls through
7. Ikea too quits Amazon: "Other brands will follow"
8. These are the 50 biggest retailers in the world
9. "Don't buy Coca-Cola": remarkable recycling campaign
10. AliExpress opens first physical store in Madrid
11. New CEO and CFO for MediaMarkt and Saturn
12. H&M terminates influencer brand Nyden
13. Zalando tackles returns with annoyingly oversized tag
14. Made.com grows by 37%: "We can afford to fail"
15. H&M takes up sale of second-hand apparel
16. Ikea will not open any more 'big boxes'
17. Ikea opens city centre store in Paris
18. Saks Off 5th closes all European stores
19. Dutch web supermarket Picnic sees losses multiply
20. This is what the "Decathlon of the future" looks like