We look back at the most popular topics of the past year. And what a year it was… Keep following us in 2019 for more European retail news!
1. Say hello to 7Fresh, JD.com's high-tech supermarket
2. Amazon builds new warehouse near Belgian and Dutch border
3. JD.com to launch 1,000 stores per day
4. Lidl's profit hampered by international expansion
5. Carrefour uses blockchain to create "transparent" chicken
6. The world's first start-up supermarket, KaDeTe, opens in Berlin
7. Alibaba opens Belgian warehouse in Liege
8. Lidl will soon start selling BMW's
9. Amazon brings virtual fitting rooms into your home
10. Aldi wants to open stores in China
11. What will supermarkets be like in 2020?
12. Zara connects online with offline in concept store
13. Lidl Germany CEO steps down
14. "Shopping centres of the future will be hyperconnected microcities"
15. Belgian CEO leaves Le Pain Quotidien
16. Ikea shows its store of the future
17. Hema will open stores in Middle-East
18. Kingfisher spearheading the circular economy
19. Ssense acquires and pulls the plug on fashion platform Polyvore
20. Zara opens new flagship store with holograms and robots